Pages

Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Hello, Blogspot!

I've finally decided to take the plunge into the world of blogging!! This blog will give you a glimpse of my "dabbles" in home organization, being a mom, cooking/baking tips and random thoughts of the day! To start off, let me say that I recently joined Pinterest and BOY did it get me motivated to do a lot!  I spent the whole day yesterday dusting, vacuuming, and scrubbing.  I went to my bathroom and it took me 10 minutes just to pick everything up and move it so I could dust the counter. If you have an anxious 6 month old wanting to be picked up, that's a long time...I could have had the whole place scrubbed down by then ;) So later that night after I was done with everything, I started thinking how I could make my life a littttlee bit easier and I looked down and it came to me! Let me show you in pictures...

Do you see how cluttered and messy it is??

This was the tray table I used for my laptop while I was pregnant...Since I didn't have any paper or photos ready to put in right away, I remembered a scarf I had. I ran to my suitcases to pull it out...
Aha! Since my bathroom is all brown and black, this was perfect.  I loved the blue/green accenting out.
I folded up the fabric since it could be used for something else later.  I didn't place it any specific way, I got lucky that the whole burst came up top!

Now all that was left was to put it all together and VOILA! I could have folded the legs of the tray , but my mom (always thinking, thanks mom!) said I'll get more storage space by leaving it up which was perfect for the baby stuff.  
A close up look of the fabric...you can't really see it, but it's SO much better than the papers that came with it. No more bending down, everything's at my level! YAY!

One more time....a Before and an After :




What are some ways you've tackled bathroom clutter? I'd love to see the changes!

xoxo, 
n

No comments:

Post a Comment